The West Region Transportation Workforce Center and the Western Transportation Institute at Montana State University are hosting a webinar that explores successful collaborations between transit agencies and university students and staff. See details below for more information.
Date and Time: Tuesday, November 5, at 11 am PT/Noon MT/1 pm CT/2 pm ET
Overview: How can transit agencies develop the skillsets of the future workforce while improving day-to-day operations? This webinar highlights successful collaborations between transit agencies and university students and faculty that accomplish both goals. Speakers will showcase collaborations that engage students in diverse transit-focused projects, providing students the opportunity to develop and apply knowledge to authentic problems in a real context, while providing agencies with fresh new ideas and focused energy on a task or issue.
- Shaping the Future Skills Needed to Overcome Challenges
- Maria Dahmus, Director, University of St. Thomas Sustainable Communities Partnership
- Kelly Morrell, Commuter Programs Specialist, Metro Transit
- Building Partnerships that Work for Rural and Regional Transit Systems
- Julia Castillo, Executive Director, Heart of Iowa Regional Transit Agency
- Harnessing Student Capacity to Address Diverse Project Needs
- Andrew Martin, Development Planner, Lane Transit District
- West Region Transportation Workforce Center
- Western Transportation Institute, Montana State University