Posts for "2023"
SURCOM at TRB
Several SURCOM staff members will be participating in the Transportation Research Board (TRB) annual meeting next week in Washington, DC. This includes presentations by Jill Hough and Jeremy Mattson on public transit agencies providing food delivery during the pandemic, grad student Mohsen Momenitabar on designing an electric transit route network, and data scientist Dilip Mistry on the Transit State of Good Repair eTool. SURCOM researchers will also have three poster presentations on emerging mobility adaptations in rural America, predictive modeling for achieving a state of good repair, and the use of crowdsourced data for evaluating bicycle infrastructure. Lastly, SURCOM director Jill Hough is chairing the Rural, Intercity Bus, and Specialized Transportation committee meeting. Below is a list of sessions and meetings in which SURCOM will be participating.
- Lectern Session 2028, Monday, January 9, 8:00-9:45 a.m. ET, Convention Center, 145B, Designing an Electric Transit Route Network Utilizing Energy Storage Technology to Mitigate Annual Demand Charges, Mohsen Momenitabar, Zhila Dehdari Ebrahimi, Jeremy Mattson, and Jill Hough
- Lectern Session 3186, Tuesday, January 10, 3:45-5:30 p.m. ET, Convention Center, 147B, Role of Public Transportation During the COVID-19 Pandemic to Enhance Food Access by the Food Delivery Service in 2020-2021, Hamad Al Qublan, Jeremy Mattson and Jill Hough
- AP055 Committee Meeting, Wednesday, January 11, Marriott Marquis, Mint (M4), Transit State of Good Repair eTool demonstration, Dilip Mistry
- Poster Session 2054 Monday, January 9, 8:00-9:45 a.m. ET, Convention Center, Hall A: Understanding Emerging Mobility Adaptation in Rural America, Ranjit Godavarthy and Jill Hough
- Poster Session 2166, Monday, January 9, 1:30-3:15 p.m. ET, Convention Center, Hall A, Machine Learning Predictive Model for Small Urban and Rural Transit Systems to Achieve and Maintain Public Transportation Rolling Stock in a State of Good Repair, Dilip Mistry and Jill Hough
- Poster Session 3211, Tuesday, January 10, 6:00-7:30 p.m. ET, Use of Crowdsourced Data for Evaluating the Effects of Bicycle Facilities and the Built Environment on Bicycle Use in a Small City, Jeremy Mattson, Taraneh Askarzadeh, and Zhila Dehdari Ebrahimi
AP055 Rural, Intercity Bus, and Specialized Transportation
- Full Committee Meeting, Wednesday, January 11, 8:00-Noon, Marriott Marquis, Mint (M4), Chair, Jill Hough
- Paratransit Subcommittee Meeting, Monday, January 9, 8:00-9:45 a.m. ET, Marriott Marquis, Treasury (M4), Jill Hough
- Intercity Bus Transit Subcommittee, Monday, January 9, 6:00-7:30 p.m. ET, Marriott Marquis, Treasury (M4), Jill Hough