The 2013 edition of the SURTC Research Digest is available online. This publication includes articles on six research projects completed by SURTC in 2012. Topics covered include the following:
- The use of alternative fuels and hybrids by small urban and rural transit agencies
- An economic cost study of rural transit agencies in North Dakota to determine the most efficient method for organizing transit in small communities
- A survey of North Dakota State University students regarding transit
- A study of travel behavior and mobility of transportation-disadvantaged groups
- An effort to implement transit coordination in North Dakota
- The development of national transit livability statistics and the Community Livability Index
The articles are highly-condensed, non-technical summaries of the full studies, but they provide more depth and detail than what is published in our newsletter. The intent of this publication is to make our research findings accessible to a wider audience.
The publication can be downloaded from the SURTC website at the following link: 2013 SURTC Research Digest (pdf).